Sunday, June 29, 2008

Why Read? - Twilight Style!


Our next victim, I mean honored guest, is no other than Be My Escape from everyone's fav Twilight Lexicon. She is the person behind the Summer School postings over at the Lex which just happen to be my fav thing they have posted on there so far! Yay Twilight and Education! Enjoy!

1) What were your experiences with literature growing up? Were you always an avid reader?
Growing up I loved to read however I didn't learn how to read on my own until I was in Kindergarten. I remember being angry that my friend could read on his own and I couldn't so my grandmother practiced with me everyday until I could do it on my own. I loved to read Anne of Green Gables, Little house on teh Praire, and Sweet Valley High(everyone should have a guilty pleasure) when I was younger. I actually stopped reading for a while when I was in college because I was too busy doing college work. I wasn't always an avid reader but since I have found Twilight I actually have found a new for reading adn Young Adult literature.

2) What was your favorite book growing up and why?
My favortie book when i was little was Anne of Green Gables. I loved pretending to be Anne and experiencing all the different things she went through.

3) What first drew you to the Twilight series?
The cover of the book. m I must ahve walked by the book 5 times and everytime I picked it up because of the cover. I was hesitant about the vampires but I am glad I bought it in the end.

4) What is your favorite book of the series so far and why?
It is so hard to decide. I like them all so so many different reason. Twilight is the beginning of it all you would be no where without it, New Moon gives a Jacob and I just love him as a character even though I don't believe he belongs with Bella, and then there is Eclipse which shows us so much more about each character.

5) What books besides Twilight would you recommend to young adults?
I recently read a new vampire book called Evernight by CLaudia Gray. It is very interesting and has a twist I didn't see coming.

No comments: