Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why Read? - Twilight Style!

We continue our discussion regarding reading with an interview from the moderator of one of my personal favorite Twilight websites! So sit back and take a few mintues to get and know Jenny from the oh-so-glorious BellaandEdward!



1) What were your experiences with literature growing up? Were you always an avid reader?
I have always been an avid reader. I grew up reading all the Famous Five, Secret Seven and Goosebumps books. I also read Mallory Towers, St. Clare's... I'm seeing an Enid Blyton theme here. My parents read a lot, and always encouraged it, and reading was always one of my favourite hobbies.

2) What was your favorite book growing up and why?
My favourite was probably the Famous Five series. I thought they were the best books ever written, and loved the characters. The stories were all so clever and engaging, and really exciting for an eight year old. They also taught me a bit about earlier years in the UK, in the way the characters spoke and their mannerisms.

3) What first drew you to the Twilight series?
The fact that it had vampires in it! I love anything supernatural/vampire related, so when my friend at work recommended it, I didn't even think twice about reading it. Also, the cover certainly helped - it's so nice to look at.

4) What is your favorite book of the series so far and why?
Twilight! There's something about it that is just more addictive than the others - at least for me, anyway. It's the start of it all, and though it may not be the best written in the Saga, I think it has the best content (Pure Edward & Bella... what more could I ask for?).

5) What books besides Twilight would you recommend to young adults besides the Twilight series?
I could recommend hundreds of titles... but my favourites are: 'I Am Legend' by Richard Matheson (adult book, but suitable for teens), The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, The Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison, 'Eragon' by Christopher Paolini, Harry Potter, the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty, and a good one I discovered recently is 'Evernight' by Claudia Gray.

No comments: