Monday, June 23, 2008

Fan Spotlight

Here at Novel Novice we like to spotlight some pretty amazing Twilighters. This Twilight fan was a huge help to Novel Novice about 30,000 hits ago. Back in our early days, we asked for help designing a banner and button for our site. Tara graciously offered. So if you like our awesome banner, take a second to read her story and leave a comment. Also, she has started her very own Twilight adventure, so make sure you check it out. We will be adding her to our link family very shortly.


Hey guys! My name is Tara and I'm from Oklahoma. I am 23 years young and I LOVE TWILIGHT. Ha ha. Some of you may know me as "the girl that did the Stephenie Meyer Appreciation Book" or "the girl that was Cullenizing pictures on MySpace". Anywho, I made the chalkboard banner and icon for the Novel Novice Twilight site. I saw she was looking for some and I wanted to try, so I did and by God she liked it. Here's a wee bit about me and my Twilighter-nyness.

About a year ago I picked up Twilight on a WalMart shelf, fell in love with it, bought the other two that weekend at B&N and was hooked for life. I was looking for somewhere online to share my love for the book and I stumbled across a MySpace that was a fan club. I added them and the rest is history. Long story short, they needed help, I volunteered, won a vote, got the job. That MySpace took off like a frickin' rocket and we were getting people left and right that wanted to be apart of it. It now has roughly 14,000 friends. It was getting a bit big, and I had so much information on it with the blogs, bulletins, pictures and etc.. that I knew I needed to expand outside of MySpace.. and that's where I'm at today. I have started a Fan Forum called the "Twilight Mafia: because when you mess with one, you mess with us all." I've been working on it for a while and just launched it yesterday morning. We already have close to 500 registered users. I am in shock and awe of that. I hope it continues to grow as fast as it has in just the first day. If you wanna check it out, go to www.twilightmafia.com. So... there's my Twilight addiction and everything I'm apart of. I try to put myself in just about everything that us Twilighters do. That's what's so great about us fans, we get together and we can accomplish so much, ya know? We're like a big ol' family that sticks up for each other (hence the Twilight Mafia, lol). And if anyone is reading this and they're putting something together like a fan book, or video or whatever. . let me know! I'd love to be involved!!! And I'd like to end with the fact that I am really excited about Breaking Dawn and the movie. This year has been one of the best ones of my life and I can't imagine it ending any better then seeing my favorite book on the big screen. Thanks to Novel Novice for letting me be apart of her site and I hope to see you guys soon over at my forums!
Tara a.k.a. Mafia Mama

No comments: